If you like to design your individual travel itinerary and change plans as you travel, our OPEN VOUCHER program is the right way to go! If you would like to stay longer in a certain place because you're enjoying perfect weather conditions, the surf's excellent or a volcano has a good flow of lava and you would like to watch this spectacle a few days longer - well, our new program OPEN VOUCHER offers this freedom as well as a very safe and economic way to travel Costa Rica.
It includes rental car, transport from the airport to the first hotel in San José, and over 60 hotels to choose from. Therefore you have limitless possibilities to create your personal itinerary and explore Costa Rica's beauties, without depending on an established program.
How does it work?
- The OPEN VOUCHER program can be purchased exactly for the number of nights you want to stay in Costa Rica.
- You will be able to choose a variaty of car: sedan, 4x4, SUVS or Minivans.
- Go to any of the participating hotels without having to pay cash, simply by presenting the OPEN VOUCHER.
- The reservations have to be made directly with the hotel upon arrival or within 24-48 hours before arrival at the hotel.
- You won’t be charged at the hotel, unless choosing extra meals or special services offered by the hotel.
- Your first night in Costa Rica and your rental car will be reserved beforehand by Green Stone Adventures.
- The transfer from the airport to your first hotel in San Jose is included, where you receive information material about the hotels, the vouchers for every day and a map including the participating hotels.
- The car can be dropped off directly before departure at the airport, in San Jose or in Siquirres without extra charge – at any other place in Costa Rica there will be a surcharge.
- This program can also be combined with our Tortuguero package: in this case the car can be picked up in Siquirres, without the hassles of having to return to San José for the pick-up. Also, you can add all inclusive hotels, Corcovado Park packages and others.
Rent of Cars
You have the option to choose between different models: Suzuki Jimny, the all-terrain Dahiatsu Terios,Suzuki Gran Vitara II or the luxurious Prado with a capacity for up to 6 people are the most popular with travelers in Costa Rica.
Basic insurance is included. You can either book additional full-cover insurance (including accidents and robbery).
To rent a car the rental company needs a US $ 750 to $1000 safety deposit on your credit card (without exception).
There is a fee of US $ 5 for every additional driver; if the spouse is acting as the additional driver, there is no surcharge.
All hotels participating in our OPEN VOUCHER program are located in areas of tourist interest and offer the possibility to carry out numerous trips. All hotels have three or four stars, are clean, comfortable and offer refreshing pools. In most hotels, breakfast is included.